Friday, September 9, 2011

Mockingjay, First to Die

Hey friends,

I know that technically school has started, and that would mean summer is over. But I did finish Mockingjay and had fifty pages left in First to Die when school started. I'm going to continue blogging what I'm reading till I finish my goal.

Mockingjay - 390 Pages


"I got the idea from our family's plant book. The place where we recorded those things you cannot trust to memory. In my most careful handwriting, come all those things it would be a crime to forget. Lady licking Prim's cheek. My father's laugh. Peeta's father with the cookies. Rue poised on her toes, arms slightly extended, like a bird about to take flight. On and on. We seal the pages with salt water and promises to live well to make their deaths count."

This is the final book in the Hunger Games trilogy.

Just going to say, READ THEM.

First to Die - 471 pages


"I'm back," announced Cindy to a surprised woman behind the reception desk. "And I brought my documentation."
She eyed us suspiciously. "Who are these, cousins?"
I flashed the clerk my badge and also presented the officially stamped search warrant.
"What's going on with this book?" the woman gasped.

James Patterson is constantly writing. In fact, I was reading this book while waiting for my plane, and in the gift shop right across from me was his most recent book. This book is the first in the Woman's Murder Club series.

When people ask me what my favorite books to read are, I say Historical Fiction and Murder Mysteries. That's because they ARE my favorites. So, it was strange to me that I hadn't read one Murder Mystery all summer. Was it too much Fiction? Did I not look hard enough? I don't know. But when I found out that James Patterson had written a Murder Mystery series, I had to read them.

I really enjoy Law and Order. I don't really know why, I just do. This book was a lot like a Law and Order episode. It's about four women in different occupations of the criminal justice system. A homicide inspector, a medical examiner, a crime reporter, and an assistant district attorney. Together, they try to solve an ongoing case, and stop a serial killer.

This is a really graphic book. Most Murder Mysteries are. But it was a great story. It's for a more mature audience, but if you like Murder Mysteries, I think you'll like this book. I'm going to continue reading this series.

1,268 pages short.

Meaning I blogged 8,732 pages this summer.

I knew 10,000 would be a stretch. And maybe if I had read all summer, I would have made it. But I don't really mind. Near the end, I did the math on how many pages a day I would have to read to catch up and finish on time, and it came to 200. The last week of summer I was at Lake Powell. It just wasn't going to work.

If I add the pages I read here and there in books I didn't finish, I'd be closer, maybe I'll add those when I finish my next book.

Read on,

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment