Wednesday, May 4, 2011

10,000 Page Summer : Chapter 1 - The idea

Summer.

So many wonderful spectacular things happen in the summer. There are more than a page full of reasons summer is my favorite season. But very near the top of that list I can say, is that I get time to read books. I only got to read a handful of books this school year, and it kinda depressed me. So, I came up with an idea. I will read 10,000 pages this summer.

Now you may ask, "Why are you counting pages instead of books?" Simple. Books come is so many different lengths, it would be easy to read the whole magic tree house series (as I did in third grade) and say, "I finished over 50 books this summer!" But since I plan on re-reading Harry Potter 7, (759 pages) and other long novels, it would be more fair to me to count pages.

No worries, if you want to know what I'm reading, and where I am on my goal, check in here. I would love some suggestions of your favorite books to give me ideas.

 Now technically, my summer began a week ago. So I'm counting the books I've read since then in my page count, but nothing before the 27th of April. (I'll blog those books likely tomorrow to get caught up)

Peace out Book Worms!

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment