Wednesday, March 25, 2015

2015 Reading list

Hey there.
Yes, I got lost for a little while. I was a little bit busy graduating and Studying Abroad and living at Disney World... But I promised you another Book v. Movie post. It was going to be about The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Maybe the reason I never wrote it was because, once again, I liked the movie and the book equally.
Anyway. Instead of trying to review a book I read two years ago, I'm going to blog the books I've read this year.
This year has been an amazing one for the bookworm in me. From the discovery of Goodreads to the discovery of my lost bookshelf (I know, how do you lose a bookshelf??) this year has been one to blog.
But what spurred my spontaneous return is actually a lack of these things. Guys, I haven't had a book to read for two full days. 8 books on hold and not one has come in. I was starting to lose my mind. That's when I remembered this blog and the reading challenge I was (kind of) following.
It's a simple list of 50 things to read this year, some as random as "a book written by an Author with the same initials as you" (JU? Anyone??). Between that and Goodreads constantly asking me how many books I want to read this year, I've decided it is time for me to keep a reading goal again.
The last challenge was in pages, this time it'll be in books. I want to read 50 books this year. I know it's not shooting for the stars, but it's doable. I'm going to take most of the suggestions from published reading challenges and make up some of my own to replace the dumb ones. So here goes!

1) A book with 800+ pages
2) A classic romance
3) A book that became a movie
4) A book published this year
5) A book with a number in the title
6) A book from an author under 30
7) A funny book
8) A book with a Female author (This is a dumb one, a lot of authors are women, but I can't cut ALL of the suggestions)
9) A Mystery or Thriller
10) A book with a one word title
11) A book set in a different country
12) A popular Author's first book
13) A book you haven't read yet from an author you love
14) A book your friend recommends
15) A Pulitzer-Prize winning book
16) A book at the bottom of your to-read list
17) A book that scares you
18) A book 100+ years old
19) A book you choose based entirely on it's cover (I'm excited for this one)
20) A book you can read in one day
21) A book with antonyms in the title (You just want me to read War and Peace, huh?)
22, 23, 24) A trilogy
25) A book with a love triangle
26) A book set in the future
27) A book with a color in the title
28) A book that made you cry
29) A book with magic in it
30) A graphic novel
31) A book from an author you've never read before
32)  A book you own but have never read
33) A play
34) A banned book
35) A book you started but never finished
36) A book everybody had read but you
37) A non-fiction book
38) A book a family member loves
39) A book with bad reviews (I don't know about this...)
40) A book with non-human characters
41) A book set during a holiday
42) Your old favorite book
43) A biography
44) A book of short stories
45) A book told from multiple points of view
46) A book written by two authors
47) A Goodreads suggestion
48) Reader's choice
49) Reader's choice
50) Reader's choice (aka whatever I want)

(Edited Jan 2016 to remove cross out of completed items)

Ideally, I'll come back to blog the books as I read them (probably two at a time), but I've got to catch up with the books I've already read for now.

Read on,

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment